Terms and Conditions
By using the Site, you accept these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with any of these Terms and Conditions, you may not use the Site.
In the Terms and Conditions:
- 'Working day' means every day of a calendar year apart from weekends and statutory and public holidays
- 'Us' and ‘we’ mean Ken Gadd Associates Limited (4science)
- 'You' and 'your' mean the person or organisation ordering goods or using Fissh under these terms and conditions
We reserve the right to modify these Terms and Conditions by posting an updated version on the Site as required.
At present, the Site is designed for Teachers. Although it may have some uses with students, the content is not intended for anyone under 18 years of age. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
Using the site
The Site allows users to organise, store, and share teaching resources using our technology. To use the Site, you must first create an account on our Site with a unique user name and password. You are responsible for all use of the Site that occurs under your user account.
Consent to make your resources public and receive messages
- All resources hooked to boards are marked as public. However, you can choose to make uploaded files Private. Your boards and libraries will remain private.
- We sometimes send messages to users, including promotional messages.
- If you do not want to receive any email messages, you may respond to any message following the Unsubscribe link.
No liability for your message content
We assume no liability whatsoever for the Resources you hook to, or discover and use, on this Site. If you use the Site to present information that could allow someone to determine the location or identity of a child, remove it from your Course Boards and Library Boards. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to block any Resource that we reasonably believe may subject us, our Site providers or our users to liability.
Currently, we make the Site available to you for free. However, we may begin to charge fees at some point in the future, either to use the Site, or to use specific features on the Site. We do not guarantee ongoing free access to the Site.
Your resources; license and copyright
- You own all intellectual property rights in any text, graphical, video or other content you hook to the Site (“Your Resources”).
- You hereby grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, distribute and modify Your Resources in order to make the Site and its features available to you and other users if you make Your Resources public. You agree that we may distribute, display, and make available Your Resources.
- You represent and warrant that you either own, or have all rights and permissions necessary to submit Your Resources for distribution to other users through our Site, including any links and images you include in Your Resources.
- Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason, we will delete Your Resources from our Site. We have no obligation to make Your Resources available to you after termination.
Your obligations when using the site
You agree not to:
- Falsify your identify;
- Distribute, resell, or (except as expressly allowed in these Terms and Conditions) permit access to the Site by any third party;
- Use any robot, spider, data gathering, scraping or extraction tool or similar mechanism to access or attempt to view or obtain data from our Site;
- Include anything in Your Resources that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of any third parties, including their rights of privacy and publicity;
- Include in Your Resources any material that is obscene, illegal, threatening, or defamatory, or that contains software viruses, commercial solicitations, political campaigning, or any other form of “spam”;
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the Site or any other user’s access to the site;
- Reverse engineer, attempt to gain unauthorised access to, or attempt to discover the underlying source code or structure of the Site (including any feature, widget or application made available through the Site);
- Use resources through the Site from users who have not consented to share such resources;
- Use the Site in violation of any applicable law; or
- Violate any agreement with your wireless Site provider in connection with using the Site.
You may delete your account at any time, for any reason, by email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, in which case these Terms and Conditions will automatically terminate.
We may stop making the Site available to you at any time, for any reason, in which case these Terms and Conditions will automatically terminate.
Except for Your Resources (and content posted by other users) all design, text, graphics and the selection and arrangement thereof are the copyright of 4science. Permission is granted to electronically copy and print in hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with 4science or using this site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this site (including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above and modification, distribution, or republication) without the prior written permission of 4science is strictly prohibited. All rights reserved.
Any framing of this site is prohibited.
4science cannot accept any responsibility or liability for access to, or the material on, any site which is linked from this site.
You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the Site’s content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any the Site’s content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of the Site’s content requires the prior written permission of Ken Gadd Associates Limited.
All trade marks, product names and company names or logos used in this site are the property of their respective owners. No permission is given by 4science in respect of the use of its or any such other trade names, product names, titles or logos and such use may constitute an infringement of the holder's rights.
4science is providing this site on an ‘as is’ basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties. In addition, 4science makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, or suitability for any purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site. The information contained in this site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of 4science howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Neither Ken Gadd Associates Limited (4science) nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
4science reserves the right at any time to revise its prices without notice. All orders for products are subject to availability and 4science reserves the right to refuse to supply to any individual or company for whatever reason.
All text and graphics on this website, unless specified, are directed solely at those who access the website from the United Kingdom. 4science makes no representation or will not be held liable for any action placed upon the website by individuals from other locations.
Internet communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. 4science shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this website or its contents. 4science does not warrant that any software or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
We have used our reasonable endeavours in preparing our own website and the information included in it is done so in good faith. Mention of any organisation, company or individual does not imply any approval or warranty as to their standing and capability.
4science assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any links to the Internet or other third party websites from its website. Once you activate these links you will leave this website and 4science will not be responsible or liable for the content of any other websites on the Internet to which you may visit from its site.
4science also prohibits all persons from providing hypertext or other links to the www.fissh.net website (other than to our home page) from their web site or from a third party's web site without our prior written consent.